Thursday, February 22, 2007

Merriam-Webster is my friend

I need to rant. No, not complain. That's different..It has to be. I'm going to rant. "Complain: to express grief, pain or discontent" (merriam-webster). Fine. So I am going to complain...but it will be done in a ranting mannor.

When was the last time something like that happened to me??? Hmm. Probably fall 2003. Wow. That's been a while. How could I have let it happen? I don't know. Test happen.

I'm sorely disappointed. Who would have thought that an exam where the teacher doesn't even try to make the questions clear or the exam fit the length of class time, doesn't tell you the format until the night before, and doesn't even clue you in on what it covers until two days before would have made such a horrible ("extremely bad or unpleasant" M-W) experience for me. I'm disappointed (i.e to fail to meet [my] expecations or [what I'd] hoped for (again, M-W).

Actually, I think I'm in shock ("a sudden or violent mental or emotional disturbance" M-W). I felt like I was adequately prepared (ooo, isn't that the worse) . I might have been able to do a little more (studying that is. I still don't know if I would have had the right amount of time), but isn't there always room for more?!?!! I mean, we could all do more if we wanted to, but who wants to die young?

Ok. Maybe I'm over-exaggerating (excessively enlarging or increasing especially beyond the normal) a little. And maybe I am getting some relief from being so demonstrative and just letting myself be very transparent right now. So what.

Haha. I have to laugh at myself, though, because I'm perplexed ("unable to grasp something clearly or to think logically and decisively about something") over my current situation. I'm perplexed and sitting all alone. Now, that's somewhere you don't want to find yourself ("your normal, healthy, or sane condition or self"...now, who even told Merriam-Webster that you define self that way...I don't know about you guys, but "yourself" for me is HEY! what I am right now ; )

And while I'm off "ranting" (defined the way I want to use it right now), the thought hits me "how often do I use words that I don't even know what they mean??" I think it happens more often than I'd like. Gra. RANT! haha (I would use the word "complain" there..but it doesn't have the same effects even though it matches my feelings ("unreasoned opinion or belief." m-w) more closely).

*sigh* I give up. I think I've had my therapy for the day.
L-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so how bout that test...how did you do? and I have to tell you that Merriam Webster's definitions are not even Webster's original definitions ...who knows who are defining these words anymore so you see, you really don't know how you feel!