Wednesday, October 11, 2006

we are an adjusting sort of people.

Today I had some interesting thoughts.
when I drive home from school I often like to drive in the silence so I can think, (yes that is why I talk so much when I am at home). today I was thinking about history. I was thinking about when Dr. York was talking about having a strike against the gas company because of the prices. that was last semester. well, over time we (the nation it seems) has adjusted to gas prices. and yes, I know, they have gone down which is a reason for less complaining. anyways. the fact is that over time we adjusted to the fact that gas was going to cost more than 2.30 (or so) a gallon. now that got me thinking. it only took a few months for people to settle down about the whole thing. and I thought, I wonder if there are things that I have adjusted to recently. I think that is an important question to ask yourself. I think it's really easy to slowly adapt to new things, even if they aren't so good. like saying crap. when you are around people who say, and then you say it some... and then alot and so on. you adjust to make it part of your daily vocabulary. the more I thought about it, the more I came to realize that I do not ask myself that question enough. "what in my life have I let become a part of me recently? are these things good, or bad?" things like that. we are creatures of habit. so, therefore I believe we should be extra careful with what we surround ourselves with and what we allow ourselves to speak. one huge thing I have found that our family has adapted to is being sarcastic. maybe we should change that. I don't think it does anything for the Kingdom, or for our family as a whole. I am sure there are many other things as well, but I must go prepare for a speech/watch project runway.
Peace to you all!-
Suz

2 comments:

Laura and John said...

aww, suz suz suz! I'm so glad you decided to speak to the family. i like your meathod of preparing schoolwork while watching t.v. you always were soo talented ; ) i love you and miss you!!
L-

Anonymous said...

good, deep reflection, suz.
it seems our lives are a series of adjustments, we have to be careful what we allow to shape us.
at the same time, habit can be a good thing. were i not in the habit of checking the road twice, thrice before crossing, i might get into some serious trouble. once just isn't enough on these roads- people drive fast!

i don't have an insight into our family's habits since i haven't been around to adapt them.