Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Snow Play, er, I mean work

On the morning of December 7th, John slept soundly...until he heard the words "John, It's snowing." Within three minutes (the quickest I've ever seen him move in the morning), he was lacing up his boots to go outside and play. "This is serious business," he said in this picture.This lovely view greeted us as we stepped outside. And the snow continued falling for a good three hours after this.John was quick to not waste a minute. His first order of business: check out the snow. Snows good. Scond order of business: Create a snowman.
Even if this means having to "borrow" the snow off of other peoples cars and yards. *Note this is not OUR white SUV.

The job was rigorous and tiresome, but John was strong and continued to tenaciously work in the freezing weather.



While I, on the other hand, danced about in the falling snow and played with little snowflakes, letting them each take a turn riding on my nose!
Once again, John has to check the snow...still good.
John procedes to build his snowman, going to great lengths to bring his creation to life. *Note: not OUR yard.
And I, still on the other hand, rather play with the snow (and give rides to several snowflakes at once...daring, I know).

For a brief moment, John stops to give my snowflakes a ride..but then it was back to work.He diligently came home directly from class to continue his job. He would stop at nothing...The creation continues.
Ah! Finally, the baby is here! (Summer, this is the only baby we'll be having in a LONG while!)

5 comments:

s. wells said...

"thrilling! inspiring!"
- USA Today

"I was holding my breath the whole time..."
- NY Times

"hahahahahahaha"
- Sarah Wells

Anonymous said...

this is sweet! let some of that snow ride home with you guys. Hey...about the baby...can we talk. I think that "long time" is to grand of a statement. mom

Suz Driver said...

I love it.

Anonymous said...

i like snow~~ :)

on to june said...

I covet thine snow. --jlm